Homeland Security Network Blog

The information source for first responders.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Archives
    Archives Contains a list of blog posts that were created previously.
Posted by on in Terrorism
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 692
  • Print

Iraqi Army Launches New Security Campaign In Anbar Desert

b2ap3_thumbnail_Screenshot_2019-08-26-Iraqi-Army-Launches-New-Security-Campaign-in-Anbar-Desert-.png

Iraqi Army Launches New Security Campaign In Anbar Desert

Asharq Al-Awsat

by  Hamza Mustafa

The Joint Operations Command (JOC) announced on Saturday the start of the fourth phase of the Will of Victory Operation to hunt down remnants of ISIS militants in the desert of Iraq's western province of Anbar.

A statement issued by the JOC media office said: "the fourth phase of this operation was launched at dawn on Saturday, to search and clear the entire desert and the regions in Anbar province from the ISIS remnants.”

It said the operation was under the direction of the commander in chief of the armed forces and the supervision of the joint operations command and came after the third phase of the Will of Victory Operation achieved its objectives accurately and successfully.

The troops concluded the third phase of the major offensive in the provinces of Nineveh and Diyala on Aug. 5.

Read more: https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1871456/iraqi-army-launches-new-security-campaign-anbar-desert