Homeland Security Network Blog

The information source for first responders.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Archives
    Archives Contains a list of blog posts that were created previously.
Posted by on in Terrorism
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 359
  • Print

ISIS claims responsibility for south London attack

b2ap3_thumbnail_isis-london.png

ISIS claims responsibility for south London attack - Amaq news agency

Amman attacked three people, critically injuring one, before police shot him dead in south London on Sunday.

By REUTERS

A man who was shot dead by police after stabbing two people on a busy street in south London on Sunday was identified as Sudesh Amman, a former convict who was recently released after serving a prison sentence for terrorist offenses, a European counter-terrorism official said.

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a stabbing attack in south London, without giving evidence, the group's Amaq news agency said on Monday.

"The perpetrator of the attack in Streatham district in south London yesterday is a fighter of Islamic State, and carried out the attack in response to calls to attack the citizens of coalition countries," a statement carried by Amaq said.

Read more: https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/British-Police-shoot-man-in-south-London-in-terror-related-stabbing-616244