|The focus of this program is on the characteristics and potential effects of prohibited weapons: explosives, hazardous substances and compounds that pose a risk to ships and port facilities.
The elements of this course include sections on:
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices
- Methods of physical searches and non-intrusive inspections
- Implementing and coordinating searches
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of persons posing potential security risks
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
- Crowd management and control techniques