|Updated in 2007!
Terrorism Chemical Weapons is part of the WMD Response Package. Available separately or as a part of the package. This safety video is designed to provide training and response guidelines to emergency personnel who would be called upon to respond to a terrorist incident involving chemical agents.
- Profiles four chemical agent classes: lethal agents (nerve agents and blood agents); choking agents; blister agents and incapacitating agents
- Toxicology and symptoms of exposure of specific agents within each class
- Possible targets
- Likely terrorist dissemination devices for chemical agents
- Warning signs and indicators of a chemical attack
- Site control
- Protective clothing
- Incident management
- Specialized equipment and supplies.
- How terrorists may weaponize chemical agents
- Using hazmat response protocols
- Assessing risks to responders as well as to the community
- Decontamination of victims, equipment and responders
- Managing casualties
- Air monitoring and instruments. 26 minutes.
- Also included with the package is a Resource CD-Rom, with Powerpoint presentation, post-seminar test and other instructional aids.