|UPDATED IN 2007!
Part of the WMD Response Package. Available separately or as a part of the package.
Provides training and response guidelines to emergency personnel who would be called upon to respond to a terrorist incident involving biological agents.
- Possible targets
- Likely terrorist devices
- Hazmat response protocols
- Site management and control
- Role of National Guard Civil Support TEams and Medical Strike Teams
- Specialized equipment and supplies
- Chem-bio certified protective suits and air purifying respirators
- Incident management
- Addresses three different scenarios: (1)Intelligence agencies uncover the probability of a known threat and responders are called out to support the operations of the agencies; (2)a device is actually discovered, either prior to or following a release; and (3) an attack goes unrecognized until a number of victims develop symptoms.
Examines - viruses, bacteria, toxins and rickettsia.
- How biological agents are be delivered
- Incubation periods
- Determining the dispersal site. 29 minutes.
- Also included with the package is a Resource CD-Rom, with Powerpoint presentation, post-seminar test and other instructional aids.